Ocean Music

Me Against The Word

Friday, March 17, 2006

A necessary break

I guess most of you have realized by now that I'm telling this story about my life. However I've felt that I should take a break from that for a couple of days and talk about what's going on right now. So here goes.

You might wonder who I am. Well I'm 23 years old, turning 26 in May 20:th. So that makes me bornin 1982. I'm born in the small town Grenna in the south of Sweden. I've been interested in music all my life and began to take it more seriously by the age of 13 when I got my first guitar and a little amp. I can only bow down and show my deepest gratitude towards my late friend Martin Petersson who showed me the magic of an electric guitar that august evening 1995. Since then I've been eating, sleeping, living and breathing music. Music is my life and I couldn't survive without it. I think noone can.

I spend a lot of time, in periods though, writing, playing and recording music. You can find some of it at www.ocean-music.se .

I'm living in an apartment in Jönköping, Sweden with my friend Jens. He's a hell of a nice guy and we get along as the fish in the pond. After senior high I attended a music and media-education for two years at ITM in Huskvarna, Sweden. I grew musically and personally and applied for the Music Academy of Gothenburgh and got in by fall 2003. I studied Music Teaching for one year there and then moved back to Grenna to work during summer 2004. But well things didn't really go as I planned with my life. I'll tell you more about that later once the story telling continues.
However I was struck by depression that summer and got reported sick for a year and remained in my parents place in Grenna that time.
Fall 2005 came and I started feeling better and got a job as a substitute music teacher at Grennaskolan Boardi
ngschool and worked there part time for half a year. Unfortunately my depression made itself aware of it's existance again by december that year and I once again fell down the black hole. I didn't get back to work as planned in january 2006 and was again full time sick reported. However I made an important step by moving to my own place on new years day which really has made me grow again and helped me in the struggle against the depression. Instead of sitting home digging my own grave I decided to get out, meeting new people, going to parties and trying to have an active life. Right now I must say I succeeded with that plan very well and I have grown and I feel like a better and more self confident person. I've lost weight, bought some new clothes, got the apartment really nice, eaten good food, taking long walks and tried to live inside-out. I think that's important, to live and act the way you feel is yourself instead of just doing what you think is expected by others. That realization has helped me a lot. Now you might think that's yesterdays news but for me it's been a struggle for a long time against forces inside of me I really haven't been able to control, until now when I finally seem to have taken a little more charge of myself.

So today it's friday and friday's pizza day! Some friends of mine are probably coming here to enjoy the great Valentino-pizzas and have a good time. Today I should really read that Peter Pan-script for the musical I'm involved in right now. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm back at Grennaskolan again. I'm supposed to have charge of the music to this musical they're setting up, Peter Pan. I feel kinda inspired and glad to have something to do again and I feel this just might be what I need right now.

I feel the blog is a little dull and depressing right now but I assure you that won't be the case in the near future. I just feel there are some things I need to sort out for you guys first. Hmm, something's strange with the font. Can't seem to find the same font I used for the previous entries. Weird and annoying! Anyways, over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home