Say what you mean
Say What You Mean
(written and recorded at my home studio yesterday)
I wish you could just talk to me
Just raise your voice and show me you're ok
Please tell me if you want me just to leave you be
But it ain't easy just to let you go
The silence hurts me more than any word can do
This week has seemed forever and a day
I'd rather know the pain than not be knowing you
But pain is not to know and I don't know what to choose
I'll give you the space if you just tell me so
But speaking is not hanging up your phone
I know what keeps you busy and so tired right now
So I'm guessing from your silence I should leave you alone
Oh, just say what you mean
Oh, just say what you mean
You be as angry as you want to be
I hope it's not concerning me
But if it does I think I have the right to know
But take your time, I'll wait for you
My feelings will stay true
(chorus)
Maybe I'm a weirdo who don't understand
Perhaps my intuition didn't last
(written and recorded at my home studio yesterday)
I wish you could just talk to me
Just raise your voice and show me you're ok
Please tell me if you want me just to leave you be
But it ain't easy just to let you go
The silence hurts me more than any word can do
This week has seemed forever and a day
I'd rather know the pain than not be knowing you
But pain is not to know and I don't know what to choose
I'll give you the space if you just tell me so
But speaking is not hanging up your phone
I know what keeps you busy and so tired right now
So I'm guessing from your silence I should leave you alone
Oh, just say what you mean
Oh, just say what you mean
You be as angry as you want to be
I hope it's not concerning me
But if it does I think I have the right to know
But take your time, I'll wait for you
My feelings will stay true
(chorus)
Maybe I'm a weirdo who don't understand
Perhaps my intuition didn't last
Beam me up, Scotty

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home