Bad timing
Once again the powers of the earth open up the mind. Seek deep inside, tell me what you find.
Well I went to see my new shrink today. I really like that word, shrink! It sounds like a freak, or maybe that I'm a freak who sees him. And what do you know, of course I was first at the wrong place and was told to go across town for the hospital area! Damn! So I got 20 minutes delayed. Really annoying and kind of embarrassing since my last (and supposedly first of several) meeting with him I totally missed. Anyway he was really nice and we've decided to put things on hold for a while and see how things unravels with the various projects I'm involved with right now. And since he's going on vacation now I won't see him again until August 31. I must say it came as a relief, even though I do know that running away from problems ain't no solution. Still I'm not sitting around unoccupied which feels good.
I'm going out to Vaggeryd today to record with Annie. I got a cd from her yesterda
y with some rearrangements of old songs and some songs I hadn't heard before. To my disappointment though they were all in Swedish. I think English suits her voice much better and hearing her doing the songs in Swedish sounded way too pretentious I think. However I do know that it was the record company that asked her to try that (no, she's not signed yet) but I still think it's a bad idea. I'm going to propose today that she doesn't do that. Or at least record two versions of each song, on for each language.
Tonight my friend Samuel Athley is throwing some kind of pre-midsummer-party. It's gonna be real nice but I really doubt that I can make it in time. I hope the recording session doesn't take too much time. To be honest I feel slightly uninspired about it.
Today's servants of great royalty:
Mew - She Came Home For Christmas
Cypress Hill - Illiusions
Tiger Lou - You Can't Say No To Me
Beam me up, Scotty
Well I went to see my new shrink today. I really like that word, shrink! It sounds like a freak, or maybe that I'm a freak who sees him. And what do you know, of course I was first at the wrong place and was told to go across town for the hospital area! Damn! So I got 20 minutes delayed. Really annoying and kind of embarrassing since my last (and supposedly first of several) meeting with him I totally missed. Anyway he was really nice and we've decided to put things on hold for a while and see how things unravels with the various projects I'm involved with right now. And since he's going on vacation now I won't see him again until August 31. I must say it came as a relief, even though I do know that running away from problems ain't no solution. Still I'm not sitting around unoccupied which feels good.
I'm going out to Vaggeryd today to record with Annie. I got a cd from her yesterda
y with some rearrangements of old songs and some songs I hadn't heard before. To my disappointment though they were all in Swedish. I think English suits her voice much better and hearing her doing the songs in Swedish sounded way too pretentious I think. However I do know that it was the record company that asked her to try that (no, she's not signed yet) but I still think it's a bad idea. I'm going to propose today that she doesn't do that. Or at least record two versions of each song, on for each language.Tonight my friend Samuel Athley is throwing some kind of pre-midsummer-party. It's gonna be real nice but I really doubt that I can make it in time. I hope the recording session doesn't take too much time. To be honest I feel slightly uninspired about it.
Today's servants of great royalty:
Mew - She Came Home For Christmas
Cypress Hill - Illiusions
Tiger Lou - You Can't Say No To Me
Beam me up, Scotty

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home